Dance All Night Long


Dance till you drop.
And then the beat dropsssss.


Clubbing: seems like the coolest thing ever when your are 19+, or in most cases 17+ with a fake ID, but nevertheless, by the time you hit your mid-to-late twenties it is suddenly not nearly as fun and often redundant.  You think, maybe its the clubs, or the people, is too loud, but then again- maybe I've gotten old?  

Hey, it happens.  I guess it means I am getting old too, because on most nights I'd rather go have dinner and kill a bottle of wine on a waterfront view in good company, maybe even just go out for a single night cap at a bar, or even dare I say it- just kick it at home with some cocktails, a great spread of food and some close friends. 

Although, when I heard one of my old time favorite DJs was going to be in the city, the man who got me into drum and bass himself; I knew I had to be there.  
When my best friend, Erin egged me on, it was all I needed.  And to my delight, High Contrast brought the show.   It had been eight years since my club rat era and I hadn't stepped foot in webster hall in a while and I reveled in the moment.  Brooklyn lager on tap and a top-shelf tequila shot to start the night.  What a night it was! We danced and raged a little.  Truly let oursleves be young in the night.  Everything was all moonlight and laughter until- I lost my best friend in Penn Station!

We made a plan to meet back infront of the bathrooms, but when I got there they were closed down.  So I looked around for a moment and figured she boarded the train.  I met some new friends and had them helping me look for her too, then I was showing the train conductor and anyone else I could her photo like she was a kid on a milk carton.  Still nothing.  Called her, but her phone was dead.  I was beginning to worry she didn't make it on the train.  When we got back to Ronkonkoma station, I still couldn't find her.  So I sat on her car alone, at 5AM, in a sketchy train station parking lot.  After a few moments passed and I didn't see her, I called my boyfriend who drove all the way out to pick me up.

Now, where was Erin you ask.  Sleeping- sound asleep, while all of this was going on.  She was woken up an hour later by MTA police telling her, "to go sleep elsewhere."  Then she found the message I wrote in the fog on her window and she went home. The moral of story, don't separate when your phone is almost dead.




F21: Studded Vest ; F21: Cobain Muscle-Tank ; F21: Striped Shorts;
Target: Bracelet; Target: Bracelet ; H&M: Necklace ; F21: Bag;
BCBG: Shoes  












http://undrgrndsound.com/


Erin is wearing:
H&M: Top ; H&M: Shorts; Francesca's: Clutch ; Saks: borrowed my necklace ; 
Stuart Wietzman: Airy Bootie





Days Go By




Mr. Majestic




Eternal Optimist

Comments

  1. Awesome outfit! So cool:)

    bloglovin.com/blog/3880191

    ReplyDelete
  2. The look is sooooo amazing, love shorts, tee, and everything actually. Oh my god you scared me with your story, I thought something wrong happened to Erin!!! hahaha good point, no dead phones!! Kisses pretty

    http://caprice-by-elirosu.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey,
    Nice post..
    Would you like to follow each other..!!
    Keep in touch,
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Outfit ,you look amazing!

    Happy Weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVING YOUR BLOG!
    Following you now!

    hope you visit my blog & follow too if you :)

    BlogLovin' | BreezeyBee Blog | Facebook | Twitter

    dont forget to enter my RiRi Woo Giveaway Here

    xoXo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your style!!!

    www.goodbadandfab.com
    personal style and fashion musings of a LA fashion lawyer living life in the fab lane!

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice outfit!I like how you added the denim vest to your looK!
    XOXO
    Adrielle
    http://dailyfashiondream.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol i know what you mean. clubbing had losts it appeal now that im in my mid twenties. im getting old.
    jenn

    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment